Current aeronautical logistics models require the use of technologies to “identify and trace” each of their individual components. In particular, in this delicate sector, logistics is called to ensure the following parameters: safety and reliability.
It it hence generally claimed that the management has the responsibility to employ modern support which is enable to have “almost in real time” reliable data.
The aeronautical solution, based on simplicity, flexibility and, above all, speed, ensures that the operation and maintenance operations are carried out in total control and therefore maximum efficiency. Conditions also ensured by the use of Smart Point® technology, a secure, reliable, and extremely miniaturized identification system.
Using Smart Point® allows to have the following information at any time:
- Identification data and components configuration;
- Clear or coded information on maintenance activities performed or to be performed, including traceability of who did what and when.
The main advantages offered by the Aeronautical Solution are:
- Efficient and reliable process control;
- Availability of real-time information, both in the field and in the central maintenance system;
- Reduction in paperwork, transcription errors and related costs;
- Fast, constant and effective database update.